Do you think, it's impossible to make an artisan necklace by yourself? It's much easier, if you...
$11.00... more info
1. Here is a jewelry making idea for creation Beaded Earrings. Please make sure you have the...... more info
1. I'd like to give you some tips for making Copper Dangle Earrings. You will need copper wire -...... more info
Required supplies for making Personalized Initial necklace 1. If you're interested in the idea of...... more info
Do it Yourself! Now you can spare your time looking for jewelry supplies for handmade earrings!...
$14.50... more info
1. A great idea for beginners - make lovely initial sterling silver earrings by yourself! You will...... more info
Flower Initial Hand Stamped Charm with Sterling Silver Wrapped Swarovski Crystal Necklace1. Do you...... more info
1. Here you will get a piece of advice to create Heart Initial Necklace! A chain varies in sizes,...... more info
5 Steps how to make Personalized Heart Necklace with initials 1. Here you will get some information...... more info
1. Are you ready to get some new information about jewelry making? If you're ready, these tips -...... more info
1. If you're interested in creating Drop Dangle Earrings, at first make sure, you have Sterling...... more info
1. At first make sure you have the sterling silver ear wire 20/22 gauge (0.8mm), if you want to...... more info
1. It is not a secret that most of the world is obsessed with artisan made sterling silver jewelry....... more info
Do it Yourself! You don't need to waste your time searching matching jewelry supplies for earrings...
$14.50... more info
Do you want to make a pair of artisan earrings and don't know what to start with? Is it difficult...
$14.50... more info
1. I hope, you're ready to get useful information about making Initial Charm Necklace! I'm sure you...... more info
1. I'm sure, you will like the idea of making a lovely Heart Charm Necklace. Choose a chain . You...... more info
1. Make sure, if you have all the necessary tools and materials, it can be rather easy to create a...... more info
1. Are you looking for information about Sterling Silver Earrings making? You've got to the right...... more info
All You Want to Know About Making Pearl Earrings 1. Here you will get a piece of advice, how to...... more info
1. Are you ready to create a little jewelry masterpiece - Hoop Dangle Earrings? I'm sure, you are!...... more info
Handmade earrings findings 1. Here you will get some facts about Wire Wrapped Dangle Earrings...... more info
1. If you're a beginner, it's good for you to begin your art way with making Wire Wrapped...... more info
Six Steps how to make Personalized Bangle Bracelet with Birthstone and Heart Initial Charms 1. So...... more info
How to create handmade jewelry
Jewelry appeared in ancient times becoming the measure of wealth and power. Over time manufacture of jewelery has become an entire industry. But it does not mean, that masters of handmade jewelry have disappeared.
You will need
- Equipment and set of jewelry instruments;
- Precious and nonferrous metals;
- Precious and semiprecious stones.
1. Equip your own jewelry workshop with the workplace and utility room. Consider ventilation for outputting of harmful fumes and dusts emitted during melting, etching and polishing of material in the workshop.
2. Obtain the necessary equipment. You need a desktop-bench, jewelry torch, mobile desk lamp, a drill, a set of trays, crates for storing stones and precious metals. Provide a room with a dust collector. Put water dispenser with a sump to collect the metal particles.
3. Prepare necessary work tools: nail files of various profiles, broach files for metal shavings, tweezers, pliers, wire cutters, scissors to work with metal, jig saw, hammers, miniature anvils. You will also need plates and punches for forming parts and cleat. You will use a set of drills, cutters and grinding wheels.
4. You will need desktop weights, caliper, micrometer, metal ruler. With development of your master skills in manufacturing jewelry products you probably will need additional tools and accessories.
5. Collect precious and nonferrous metals, stones necessary for work. Gold, silver, platinum, palladium and their alloys are often used in jewelry art.
6. Determine the types and kinds of jewelry, that you intend to make. There are infinite number of their types, but not every product can be made in a regular workshop. The most appropriate choice is creating rings, earrings, brooches, pendants, lockets, some types of chains (with plain weave) - everything that meets your forces.
7. Start making jewelry with the preparations including the preparation of alloys and some details of future products. They include melting, forging, drawing, stamping, casting etc.
8. Use mechanical handling of the material, which is mostly done by hand. To do it drag the image of the future product to the material, cut it on the marking or saw off the piece with a jigsaw. Use drilling and filing of the future product to give it the desired shape.
9. After completing the work on the formation of products go to the final stage of jewelry manufacturing: soldering, mounting movable joints, scraping.